John Langdon designed this logo for Aerosmith.
“Created to be a gift from Dan Brown to Stephen Tyler. I was able to retain the look of Aerosmith’s long-standing logo, while turning it into a rotational ambigram.”
John has written some great tips for those wanting to create their own ambigrams, referenced in the resources below.
More info about Brian Risk’s take on the Wachovia logo.
Balance: a personal design from Agency26.
Edge logo, designed by Raja Sandhu.
The Ann logo was designed by Kevin Burr of Ocularink.
Designed by Phil Gibbon, this one’s a mirror-image ambigram, for the car made famous in Back to the Future.
For the band Nine Inch Nails.
Logo for the iconic group, ABBA.
The Society 27 ambigram is a personal project of Pavel Pavlov.
Not quite an ambigram, but this one for Truce Vodka is interesting nonetheless, by Turner Duckworth.
For those travel-loving logo designers out there, how about this ambigram mug?
Available from Flipscript.
I found this beautiful labyrinth design in the ambigram Flickr pool.
Wishing you all a very happy Christmas with this ambigram from npgraphicdesign.
- John Langdon’s ambigram gallery
- Advice on learning to create ambigrams, from John Langdon.
- Inversions, by Scott Kim
- Ambigram Flickr group, currently over 1,700 images.
- 10 great ambigram logos, from Alec Rios.
- Flipscript ambigram products, and the PRWeb news story behind how Flipscript started.
- Love / amor optical illusion.
- Ambigram’s by nagfa — Naguib and Fadilah have clearly done this before.