At least 504,000 gallons of oil are leaking into the Gulf of Mexico every day. The latest news is that sadly, BP’s “top kill” plan (to plug the leak with “heavy mud”) has failed.
Image by 361gradmedien.de
Original BP shield logo (below, designed by Raymond Loewy)
Amended BP shield
New BP logo (designed by Landor)
Newer BP logo? (From the Greenpeace Flickr set.)
“Behind the Logo” mentioned elsewhere
- Greenpeace calls for a slick redesign for BP, on Interbrand
- Redesign BP’s logo, on We Made This
- Design Baby, Design, on The Logo Factor
- Greenpeace Kicks Off Redesign Contest for BP’s Logo, on UnBeige
- BP Logo Gets Oily, on Fast Company
The Greenpeace competition is open in three categories — design professionals & students, a public category, one for under 18s. It runs until 28 June 2010.